Saturday, February 16, 2008

Technology Posting

I remain intrigued with technology and am always eager to find new ways to be more efficient and more creative. However, I do not have patience for aspects that I do not see as having meaning for me and I must admit, it is hard to give up lovely things that work for something new. Technology also keeps me very humble; inevitably when a problem occurs, it was my fault, my input, my misjudgment that led to the failing and not the equipment or the program. I am also intrigued at the way in which technology is bridging social barriers and opening relationships rather than shutting down and depersonalizing as it was threatened to do. This lesson: technology has actually broadened and deepened our communication rather than limited it, leads to a larger message--it is in our hands. We will chose want it becomes.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sometimes you have to have the patience to understand and learn how to use something new before you can see its meaning for you. Think of all the things you use on a daily basis that replaced something that worked just fine. You are correct that each of us needs to choose what we will do with these new tools.

Karen said...

There will be a time in my life, or even scattered moments now, that I can learn new things, new technologies, new perspectives. However, I do not have the luxury of that now; I have to set priorities and chose my areas and things to learn because I want to learn them well and seed them into practice. Others I have to let go for now, and one of the decision makers in that is relevancy to me and my tasks now.