Sunday, April 13, 2008

Still Workin'

I am going back through all of the 23 Things because I got bogged down in the introductions and went off to many interesting things without doing the Discovery Assignments. It is interesting to view some things twice and it is making realize that while 23 Things is a good introduction, to truly use these features is going to take more than the small assignments. It is going to take daily practice. I wonder how we might do that?

I liked Technorati and added it to my favories so that I could go there when time permits. I was easily sidetracked to an article on the latest issue between Obama and Clinton and enjoyed knowing that the two are debating tonight in my son's hometown: Harrisburg, PA. I also was caught up in the Houghton-Mifflin issue of misrepresenting or perhaps incompletely representing global warming issues in its student texts. I was alarmed at the date of the intro pages for Technorati and wondered how much might have changed since that intro was written.

Library 2.0 was next on my catch up and I found many phrases that just rolled off my tongue like "We Are the Web!" "Digital Enthongraphy". I chose the Iceberg article on what our Titanic Libraries may be heading toward BUT I found myself saying, "Oh no -- books and shelves, references and take outs... don't go, please don't go......" although I did appreciate the closing of the article encouraging change "One little boat at a time." Even more than Icebergs though, I loved Library 4.0--it was awesomely written, imagined, and visioned. I want to know about Education 4.0. Don't you?

Wiki's were my last foray this hour plus and while I've got the concept (quick) and I loved the places it took me and I did some cool really useful bookmarks, I'm not sure I've really got it at least at any point that is really useful for me. I have this hunch thought that it owuld be so very powerful for our teachers.

No comments: