Sunday, April 13, 2008

Catching Up

It has been over a month since I have been actively pursuing my 23 New Things. The lapse hasn't been due to lack of interest or difficulty but simply time and setting some other necessary priorities. This afternoon I did go back and set up my Rolly-O Travel Search (I found some excellent ways to compare prices across multiple sites instead of my having to pull each one up separately and keep re-entering the data) and, as usual, got into other linked interesting things and I was off and running for 45 minutes! I guess that is both the blessing and the curse of these Web-2 things: you can never do just one simple thing. It is all too interesting and time consuming.

I did read an article today of some research in which the finding was that people relaxing and watching TV are not "happy" while doing so and that people express being happy when they are with others rather than doing a solitary activity. So the question is: "Are people happy when "web2ing"? Is it a solitary activity or is it actually social?

No comments: